BIRD and "router ID" field

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Mon May 17 12:46:27 CEST 2010

Mikhail,

On 17.05.2010 10:05 Mikhail A. Grishin wrote

> Hi,
> -----------
> http://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&f=bird-6.html#ss6.1
> "Route selection rules"
> Prefer the route with the lowest value of router ID of the advertising
> router.
> -----------
>
> Our users wants to see "router ID" for every route in looking glass
> output. It is important for task to understand, why some route is best,
> while another one - not best.
>
> Is it possible to display "router ID" for every route in 'show route
> all...' output ?

iirc you are already massaging output from BIRD to present it in a more
Cisco style to your customers. So why not including information from
"show protocols all ..." as well?

That's imho much better then overloading BIRD with funny stuff.

Just my .02EUR,
Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arnold at nipper.de       phone: +49 6224 9259 299