BIRD: MPBGP & problems debugging

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Mon Aug 7 20:25:54 CEST 2006

Hi!

> Yes, that's what I mostly got in my log file. But the <DBG> messages show a
> lot of information very intersting for me about the internal procedures of
> BIRD. Is there any way of getting them in my log file? or is it completely
> impossible?

Do you mean the log messages with class <DBG> or just messages logged
through the debug() function?

The former should be a part of the log file, the latter can be directed
into any file you like by the -D switch.

> I would like to get messages with values of variables while running, or at
> least, messages in the log file to know if the program enters into a certain
> switch-case, and that kind of things. I tried with the BGP_TRACE(D_PACKETS,
> "hello") function in attrs.c (the file which i am mostly working on), but it
> crash when I execute "make". It seems like if it is not declared, or
> something like that. Can you tell me where is the BGP_TRACE declaration, in
> order to undertand it?

It's defined in proto/bgp/bgp.h.

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares   <mj at ucw.cz>   http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
Noli tangere fila metalica, ne in solum incasa quidem.