BIRD: MPBGP & problems debugging

Jorge Gomez jorge1981 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 19:29:30 CEST 2006

>Protocol debugging actually produces <TRACE> messages, not <DBG>.
>The <DBG> class is used very rarely.

Hi Martin,

Yes, that's what I mostly got in my log file. But the <DBG> messages show a
lot of information very intersting for me about the internal procedures of
BIRD. Is there any way of getting them in my log file? or is it completely
impossible?
I would like to get messages with values of variables while running, or at
least, messages in the log file to know if the program enters into a certain
switch-case, and that kind of things. I tried with the BGP_TRACE(D_PACKETS,
"hello") function in attrs.c (the file which i am mostly working on), but it
crash when I execute "make". It seems like if it is not declared, or
something like that. Can you tell me where is the BGP_TRACE declaration, in
order to undertand it?

Thank you very much Martin!

Jorge -jorge1981 at gmai.com-