BGP anouncing with two peers.

Damjan gdamjan at mail.net.mk
Mon Nov 26 22:34:58 CET 2001

> Are you sure you want to run two BGP processes? Not just one process
> with two peers?
>
> protocol bgp one {
>          local as 65333; # our AS (let say it is)
>          neighbor peer.one.ip as [theiras];  # peer one and their AS
>          multihop 20 via my.next.hop.ip;   # not directly connected
>          neighbor peer.two.ip as [theiras2];

This can work in BIRD?
I thougt you do NEED a separate "process" (or protocol instance) for each BGP peer.

Anyway I'll be doing some tests these days, and I'll inform you
of the results..

BTW - I've noticed that without a "protocol device {..." BIRD
doesn't populate its route-ing table. Is this normal?
My situation was: two static protocols, and one BGP protocol.
In the CLI "show route" didn't return anything, then I added
the "protocol device {..." stuff, the routes showed, and BIRD
started to make connections with it's BGP peer.

--
Damjan Georgievski		|           Дамјан Георгиевски
Skopje, Macedonia		|           Скопје, Македонија