OSPF bug?

Ondrej Feela Filip feela at ipex.cz
Mon Dec 10 12:20:04 CET 2001

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Mark Glines wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 06:15:49 +0100, Ondrej Feela Filip wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I'm sorry that I'm answering so late. I'm quite busy now. (But good news
> > is, that one company will pay for my upgrades of Bird, so I'll have more
> > time for it.)
>
> Thats excellent news, I'm very happy to hear it!
>
> Thank you for your corrected patch, I'd forgotten about the ipaddr debug
> abstraction.
>
> I'm still having a few problems with Bird, and I hope to find some
> spare time and and fix them.  On my list are:
> * MD5 authentication for OSPF

Is it important for you? Or shall I rather fix bugs?

> * speed up OSPF startup/syncup time

? Could you explain it to me? What's your 'tick' time?

> * per-interface authentication settings for RIP (rather than global)

OK, Pavel, could you have a look at it?

> * occasionally it never syncs up with an OSPF peer

:-( Yes, it sometimes happens. Did you find when and where it comes?

> * if it has intermittant contact with an OSPF peer and can't finish
>   negotiation (e.g. through a crappy wireless link that drops half the
>   packets), it may never come up with a routing table via the Full
>   peers it DOES know of

So it means that BIRD often does DOWN/FULL(UP) action with some peer?

> * sometimes it syncs up with its OSPF peers properly yet decides not to
>   set any routes?

??

> * theres an annoyingly large period of down time between when it clears
>   the kernel's routing table and creates a new one

How long is it?

> I'm sure a couple of these problems are merely config, but some seem like
> bugs.  Hopefully I'll get to spend some more time on it soon.

Great!

				Feela