memory leak bird

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Wed Jun 21 23:54:42 CEST 2000

Hello!

> Actually, Ethereal would show anything sent out the interface, even
> broadcast to the wrong address.

It probably wouldn't since packets with such a wrong address would
never reach the interface.

> As I suspected, no change when the broadcast addresses are corrected.  A
> 2.2.14 kernel, setup with ifconfig, routed works fine (but version 1), and
> gated RIP broadcasts seen (except by my stub router) prior to trying BIRD.
> BIRD still DOA.

The most probable cause is that it has no routes to export -- can you
try adding a Direct protocol to get at least the device routes?

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares   <mj at ucw.cz>   http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
"return(EIEIO); /* Here-a-bug, There-a-bug... */"