memory leak bird

Network Administration noc at clouddancer.com
Tue Jun 20 17:05:03 CEST 2000

   Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 02:04:41 +0200
   From: Martin Mares <mj at ucw.cz>

   > Alas, it's also totally dead, as Ethereal shows a total absence of
   > routing packets.  Perhaps those broadcast addresses do need to be
   > explictly set....

   Yes, they probably should -- do you configure your interfaces using
   ifconfig or using "ip link set" plus "ip addr add" ?

Actually, Ethereal would show anything sent out the interface, even
broadcast to the wrong address.  As I suspected, no change when the
broadcast addresses are corrected.  A 2.2.14 kernel, setup with
ifconfig, routed works fine (but version 1), and gated RIP broadcasts
seen (except by my stub router) prior to trying BIRD.  BIRD still DOA.

bird> do
Shutdown requested
Connection closed by server.
moat:/etc }bird
moat:/etc }birdc
BIRD 1.0.0 ready.
bird> sh route
bird> qu

etc }cat bird.conf
# This pseudo-protocol performs synchronization between BIRD's routing
# tables and the kernel. If your kernel supports multiple routing tables
# (as Linux 2.2.x does), you can run multiple instances of the kernel
# protocol and synchronize different kernel tables with different BIRD tables.
protocol kernel {
        persist;                # Don't remove routes on bird shutdown
        scan time 60;           # Scan kernel routing table every N seconds
        export all;             # Default is export none
}

# This pseudo-protocol watches all interface up/down events.
protocol device {
        scan time 60;           # Scan interfaces every N seconds
}

# RIP aka Rest In Pieces...  Ignorance of most stub routers.
protocol rip  {
        interface "*" { mode broadcast; };
        import filter { print "importing"; accept; };
        export filter { print "exporting"; accept; };