BIRD taking 50% CPU with RIP and 90 Routes

Florian Lohoff flo at rfc822.org
Sun Jun 18 17:31:07 CEST 2000

On Sat, Jun 17, 2000 at 01:11:29AM +0200, Martin Mares wrote:

>    This is impossible, direct device routes have always higher preference
> than RIP routes (unless you tweak the preferences in the configuration
> which you apparently don't) and if it were a host route, it would be
> rejected as invalid.

I didnt have a "direct" statement in the config as i mentioned - That
was my problem - But that might not lead bird to take 50% CPU.

> > With this configuration and 12 hours runtime the process grew to 25MB (With
> > only ~90 Routes) and took at least 50% CPU time. Somebody got an idea ?
>
>    Are you compiling bird with any debugging switches?
>    Can you enable tracing of the kernel protocol?

Ill do as soon as i am at home - Currently i am 8000km away in
San Diego (Usenix)

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff		flo at rfc822.org		      	+49-waiting-4-telekom
     "If you're not having fun right now, you're wasting your time."