Current bird via bookworm-backports?

Quantum bird at quantum5.ca
Thu Apr 25 02:44:17 CEST 2024

Hi Jakub and Chriztoffer,

On 2024-04-24 11:28, Chriztoffer Hansen via Bird-users wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Apr 2024 at 17:25,<ch at dotsrc.org>  wrote:
>>> If you know about a nice implementation of such selection I could use as a reference, feel free to share.
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianGeoMirror  is one such implementation
> (self-hosted/-managed)

Another one I've seen seen is https://github.com/etix/mirrorbits. It has
a lot of fancy features and is used by several large projects. Several
feature stand out to me:

  * Support for partial mirrors, so you can have smaller mirrors that
    mirror the popular packages and leave the older versions on the main
    archive;
  * Disabling broken mirrors automatically;
  * Weighting mirrors based on bandwidth; and
  * Load balancing between mirrors in the same geographic region.

It's probably worth considering.

Best regards,
Quantum