import functions & filters at same time of BGP protocol

Javor Kliachev jkliachev at neterra.net
Wed Sep 11 17:47:09 CEST 2013

Hello,

I would like to know what will happen if we use function & filters
configured at same time
on import direction of given BGP procotol. Which is first pass? Till now
we use
one function to many applied to many BGP protocol with arguments and
everything seems fine.

But when I decided to apply and "filter import <some filter>" all
conditions and rules in my applied
function was totally ignored. Only the condition in the filter was checked.

Here is my simple filter configuration:

filter in_AS1234
     {
         if ( net = 10.10.10.0/24 ) then reject;
     else accept;
     }

My BGP protocol has following structure:

protocol bgp R0_88 from PEERS {
   description "0.88_Customer";
   neighbor 10.0.0.88 as 1234;
   import where MM_BGP_IN(1234,1,1);
   export where MM_BGP_OUT(1234);
   import filter in_AS1234;
   table T1234;
   route limit 1000;
}

Thank you for your help in advance.

Best~

--
---
Find out about our new Cloud service - Cloudware.bg

Neterra Ltd.
Telephone: +359 2 975 16 16
Fax: +359 2 975 34 36
www.neterra.net <http://www.neterra.net>