import functions & filters at same time of BGP protocol

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Sep 11 19:21:23 CEST 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 06:47:09PM +0300, Javor Kliachev wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know what will happen if we use function & filters
> configured at same time
> on import direction of given BGP procotol. Which is first pass? Till now
> But when I decided to apply and "filter import <some filter>" all
> conditions and rules in my applied
> function was totally ignored. Only the condition in the filter was checked.

Hi

This is expected. "import where COND;" is just a shorthand for
"import filter { if COND then accept; else reject; };"

Multiple import/export filter options are ignored, just the last one
is used. If you want to mix several prepared functions/filters, then write
everything as a function and use "import where FN1 && FN2 && FN3;".