BGP on /32 (/128) interfaces

Arzhel Younsi ayounsi at wikimedia.org
Tue May 14 15:58:06 CEST 2024

Thank you all for your replies,

> Thinking about it, it makes sense to have something like direct mode that
works with unnumbered interfaces (or ones with /32 address).

We also think that's would be very useful, either transparently to the user
(depending on next hop resolution, eBGP/iBGP, IP's subnet mask) or through
the addition of an explicit "direct" keyword.
What would be the process to turn this thread into a feature request ? And
would the Bird maintainers be interested in implementing it ?

Thanks again !

--
Arzhel