[2.14] show route not showing all tables (rpki)

Elmar K. Bins elmi at noir.de
Fri Mar 22 17:11:57 CET 2024

Re folks,

so I understand the history. Thanks.

santiago at crfreenet.org (Ondrej Zajicek) wrote:

> > While writing this and thinking about it, what if we made it configurable,
> > to let you say for each table whether show by defaultor not?
>
> Yes, i also thought about this and per-table option seems to
> me like a reasonable approach.

I believe this would make it even more obscure - what's the default if I don't
set it, which tables are enabled from the get-go (does it depend on naming?
Ordering?), etc. etc.

I would (if I were to decide) keep the setting as it is, BUT PRINT A WARNING.

To solve the "hundreds of tables" thing - instead of "all", the command would
take a regexp, plus *maybe* an IP family filter (only show v4/v6 tables).

My 0.05 of your preferred currency.

Elmar.