IPv6 BFD interop with Huawei, checksum 0 UDP

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Jun 25 15:04:31 CEST 2024

On Sat, Jun 22, 2024 at 07:44:34PM +0200, Alexander Zubkov via Bird-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Nobody has done it yet, so I've tried to implement it. The patch is
> attached. Of course feel free to alter naming, wording, add credits
> for the reported, etc. as you wish.

Hello

Thanks for the patch, will merge it.

Seems to me (from cursory look at the kernel code, as it seems to be an
undocumented option) that the socket option UDP_NO_CHECK6_RX does not
disable UDP checksum verification in general, just allows to accept UDP
packets with zero checksum, while UDP packets with invalid non-zero
checksums would still be rejected. Which fits better to what we need for
this.