if Birdc have hook when bgp &/bfd failover

Maria Matejka maria.matejka at nic.cz
Fri Jun 14 22:19:09 CEST 2024

Hello!

On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 05:50:41PM +0000, LIU Chris via Bird-users wrote:

> Now I want to write application, which could get inform/posted when bgp/bfd failover, Is there hook or event?

No. Mechanisms like this are currently in a design and prototyping
phase. Also, we are very much first aiming to implement a working API
for route dumps as this is the most critical thing requested from us by
most of the customers of BIRD Support.

It's not easy to implement these hooks properly without impeding
performance on hot paths. It also takes a lot of time and effort to
design it all maintainable for the next, let's say, another 25 years.

We're very thankful for every company willing to get BIRD Support. These
companies are moving the development forward while also getting direct
line for resolving their technical problems discreetly and with
priority.

The most convenient way for now is to set `debug { states };` in the bfd
and bgp and then just parse logs by some ugly regexes.

Hoping that this helps.

Maria

--
Maria Matejka (she/her) | BIRD Team Leader | CZ.NIC, z.s.p.o.