EVPN IRB - RFC 9135 support

Erik Stomp mail at erik-stomp.de
Fri Jul 12 15:01:53 CEST 2024

Hi Maria,
> Honestly, I'm now unaware of what is exactly supported as it's still in
> development but Santiago should know, cc-ing him.
Do you possibly cc-d the wrong person? I'm cc-ing Ondrej, as I think he is the
right Santiago? :-)

> Basically the EVPN implementation depends on companies requesting this
> feature while having BIRD Support. This way, if you were into persuading
> your employer to migrate from FRR to BIRD …
>
> … contact me off-list with more details and a quote for BIRD Support.
I would absolutely support that! But since we use FRR as a built-in part of
SONiC / Dell FabricOS, unfortunately this is not really our choice as long as
we use these switch operating systems.

> Have a nice weekend!
Thank you very much! Best wishes for a nice weekend from Germany!
Erik

--
OpenPGP Key-ID: 4AD5DF6F63FE15E5