BIRD 1 - End Of Life: Dec 31, 2023

Ondrej Filip feela at network.cz
Tue Apr 25 11:27:23 CEST 2023

Dear BIRD users and friends,

BIRD 2 has been here since 2017. The joint daemon of IPv6 and legacy
IP quickly become stable and its last version is 2.13 just couple days
old.

Last version of BIRD 1 was 1.6.8 released in September 2019. We have
already declared that we wouldn't release any other version of legacy
BIRD 1 unless a serious security bug is found. It's time to say that
BIRD 1 is reaching its end of life at the end of the year 2023.

Please upgrade to BIRD 2 if you're still running BIRD 1. If you are
waiting for BIRD 3, you can stay assured that upgrade from BIRD 2 to
BIRD 3 will be smooth.

Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding

	Ondrej & BIRD team