Link local vs global v6 next hop for BGP rotuer

Oliver bird-o at sernet.de
Wed Sep 21 11:44:28 CEST 2022

Hello,

> We probably should just add option to ignore link-local BGP next hops ...
I would also like to see a configuration option for this. At the moment we use
the "gw = bgp_next_hop" workaround. In our situation the upstream provider has
a redundant setup, where the session is moved between two routers. Both have
the same global IPv6 address, but different link-lokal addresses.

So when the providers switches to the other node the routes have the old
link-lokal from the other side and then the routes are not working anymore.

With the "gw = bgp_next_hop" workaround we have fixed this.

Best regards,

Oliver