Bird 2.07: BFD with multiple BIRD processes

Mihai mihaigabriel at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 01:59:47 CEST 2022

Hi,

On the same server I am running two BIRD processes each configured with
OSPF and iBGP (toward the same neighbors, using different local addresses).
Should BFD for iBGP work on both processes?
In my case all BFD sessions on the first processes are dropped when the
second BIRD processes starts.
In the documentation there is the "strict bind" option for BFD but I am
not really sure how/where it should be configured as the configuration
check fails when added under protocol bfd.

Thanks!