How to submit a pull request?

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Thu Nov 17 00:20:11 CET 2022

Hi,

I'd like to submit a pull request with a proposed change.  I found that
the nic.cz GitLab instance allows me to log in with my GitHub account
(and further to create my own GitLab account there).  When I do this, the
GitLab software tells me that I can submit merge requests with a special
per-user e-mail address, but this doesn't appear to work.

Perhaps this is because my account isn't a member of the BIRD project,
and only project members are permitted to do this?

Is there a proper way for the public to propose changes via GitLab and
that special e-mail address, or should patches be posted to this list,
or submitted somewhere else?

Thanks!