Way to store ROA info so we can accept but view?

Douglas Fischer fischerdouglas at gmail.com
Mon May 30 14:38:44 CEST 2022

Humm...

I think that I'm "insanely careful"!
hahaha.
I try to use in every consultant customer that accepts(not all of them
accepts that level of insanity) the concept of Internal communities and
external communities.
- Internal being marked on the eBGP-In, and propagated only thought my iBGP
and striped on eBGP-Out.

I think that I understood the part of being harmful to the rest of the
world.
But my worry is more related to the impact of that (marking the state of
RPKI on the routes using communities) in my own instance of BIRD.

On the point of view of day-to-day operations, keep the rejected routes and
tag then with communities to be presented and interpreted on a Looking
Glass is very pedagogic to Transit Customers that asks:
"Why my routes are being rejected?"

Actually, I try to do that(tag with internal communities) with good or bad
for every check that I do... Ex.:
- Prefix Bogons
- ASN Bogons
- Tier 1 Free