RFC: Upgrade filter integer size to 64-bit

Trisha Biswas tbiswas at fastly.com
Mon Mar 28 18:52:21 CEST 2022

We do have use cases where we run BIRD in low memory environments with a
lot of routes in the kernel, so moving everything to 64-bits could
potentially hurt these scenarios. Option #3 would be very confusing, so
we'd have to vote for keeping things as is.

Thanks,
Trisha
--

*Trisha Biswas* | Sr. Software Engineer, Network Systems
fastly.com | @fastly <https://twitter.com/fastly> | LinkedIn