BIRD 3.0-alpha0

Marcelo Balbinot marcelo at gegnet.com.br
Mon Mar 28 18:39:25 CEST 2022

Hi,

just to share,

I migrated one of our BGP reflectors (v4/v6) to 3.0-alpha0

I have 658 EBGP Sessions UP
and 477 IBGP Sessions UP
Each with its respective in/out filter

Previously I used version 2.0.8 in this reflector

The configuration file remained the same, without any changes...

The server has 16 cores and all were used considerably at startup...

CPU utilization stabilized after 8 minutes after starting the process
(very very good compared to the previous version)
( Tasks: 35, 1491 thr;)
In a very superficial analysis,
memory usage doubled (2G->4G),
and the cpu usage after stabilized is also higher, but distributed
across all cores.

I'm keeping an eye out for any issues that require a rollback.
So far, everything is ok for our usage scenario.

---
Marcelo Balbinot