Filter BGP route based on ospf_metric1 ?

Robert Sander r.sander at heinlein-support.de
Thu Mar 24 09:09:45 CET 2022

Am 24.03.22 um 08:38 schrieb Maria Matejka:

> The OSPF metric is copied there as an inaccessible "igp_metric"
> attribute. This is quite a silly behavior and in fact, I'm just a
> handful of commits before enabling filtering by this general attribute.
>
> This change will happen in a branch that should eventually merge into
> some future v2.0.x branch as well as the v3 branch. We won't backport it
> into v1.6.x.

Thank you.

I am now helping myself with this line in the import filter of the OSPF
protocol:

if ospf_metric1 > 42000 then reject;

This reject the initial route to the router rendering all routes to that
router unreachable, which I want to achieve.
It would be nicer to be able to filter them and not have unreachable
routes but for now it's OK.
And yes, we have to upgrade to 2.0 sometime.

Regards
--
Robert Sander
Heinlein Consulting GmbH

http://www.heinlein-support.de

Tel: 030 / 405051-43
Fax: 030 / 405051-19

Zwangsangaben lt. §35a GmbHG:
HRB 220009 B / Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,