Can pagination be disabled on the Bird console?

Cybertinus bird at cybertinus.nl
Wed Mar 9 15:02:31 CET 2022

Hello Adrian,

I don't have an answer to your questions, but might I suggest a whole
different approach to your script? If you install Birdwatcher [1] then
you put all the heavy lifting to parsing the birdc output to
Birdwatcher. All you have to do is talk to a JSON API in your Python
code. I think this makes your life a lot easier. I've used Birdwatcher
in combination with PHP scripting and it works great!

So, not an answer to your question, but I do hope that my e-mail is
still useful for you.

Kind regards,
Cybertinus

[1]: https://github.com/alice-lg/birdwatcher

On 2022-03-09 14:44, Adrian Brooks wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to configure the Bird console so that the output isn't
> interrupted with '--More--' statements please?  (similar to the Cisco
> 'terminal  length 0' command)
>
> I'm using Expect in a Python script to collect data from Bird, so it
> would be handy to be able to switch this off (I'm using 2.0.9)
>
> Many thanks for your time,
>
> Adrian
>
> Adrian BROOKS
>
> Telecom Networks - Fixed Services Platforms
>
> Tel. : +352 2424 2301
>
> adrian.brooks at post.lu
>
> POST Technologies
>
> 20, Rue de Reims
>
> L-2417 Luxembourg
>
> www.posttechnologies.lu [1]
>
> Ce message et toutes les pièces jointes (ci-après le "message") sont
> établis à l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sont
> confidentiels.
>
> Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le détruire et d'en
> avertir immédiatement l'expéditeur.
>
> Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme à sa destination, toute
> diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite,
> sauf autorisation expresse.
>
> Internet ne permettant pas d'assurer l'intégrité de ce message, POST
> Luxembourg décline toute responsabilité au titre de ce message, dans
> l'hypothèse où il aurait été modifié.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.posttechnologies.lu/