BIRD 3.0-alpha0

Cybertinus bird at cybertinus.nl
Fri Mar 4 00:15:59 CET 2022

On 2022-03-02 11:47, Maria Matejka wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On 3/2/22 10:53 AM, Ondrej Filip wrote:> We have something special for
> you today. We're releasing a
>> multi-threaded BIRD version 3.0-alpha0 for public testing. [...]
>
>> There is also a blogpost about performance comparison we have recently
>> done between 3.0-alpha0 and 2.0.8 (the previous single-threaded
>> version) and you can read there also other articles about the
>> multi-threaded version.
>
> … and here is the blogpost.
>
> https://en.blog.nic.cz/2022/02/21/bird-journey-to-threads-chapter-3%c2%bd-route-server-performance/
>
> Maria

Hello Maria,

Thanks for the clear writeup. I like to read about this progress (I
really should read the dedicated blog about the multithreaded stuff). I
can't wait for it to be stable and have a stable 3.0 release. I know
this is way off still, but a guy can dream, right? :).

Good luck with further optimizing the multithreaded code, this can't be
an easy task.

Kind regards,
Cybertinus