BGP MSG Updates counters - Sent and Received per peer

Douglas Fischer fischerdouglas at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 05:24:00 CEST 2022

I know it sounds stupid was it here but I'm feeling a bit dumb and
impatient with this.

On and environment with several(1000+) peers, I need to collect on a very
simples and with less performance impact of the following information each
5-to-5 ou 1-to-1 minute:

 - Peer status
 - Number of Routes Received by peer
 - Number of Routes Sent by peer
 - BGP Msg Updates Received by Peer
 - BGP Msg Sent Sent by peer

And I don't know what is the best way to get those informations.

I saw something about birdwatcher.
That sounds good, but I heard some about a bit os instability.

I saw bird_exporter, that maybe can be a good tool.

And the other "ugly" idea is to use Zabbix agent that will collect the
routes via birdc and parse it.

Any news about that?
Any update.