routes, "strange next-hop" and p2p interfaces

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Tue Jun 7 12:28:46 CEST 2022

Hello,

I have a peculiar VPN client that I want to redistributes the routes
from. Technically it creates a tun0 interface and
attaches all the routes it's connected to as it's own on-interface
routes pointing to it's own IP (yeah, I know it's la
me, but seems like it's written by Windows 98 addicts, so it's still
pretty normal for them). This confuses bird and it
's complaining with usual

===Cut===

Jun  7 15:10:43 vipnet bird[28752]: KRT: Received route 1.2.3.4/26 with
strange next-hop 5.6.7.8

===Cut===

However:

===Cut===

[root at host ~]# ip addr show tun0
4: tun0: <POINTOPOINT,MULTICAST,NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc
fq_codel state UNKNOWN group default qlen 500
link/none
     inet 5.6.7.8/32 scope global tun0
        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
     inet6 fe80::6d6d:315d:3deb:6ae0/64 scope link stable-privacy
        valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever

===Cut===

So far I'm reexporting these routes as static, but is there any way to
do thsi automatically ?

Thanks.