Is there a way to merge communities from the same prefixes?

Valery Lutoshkin vpluto at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 13:20:19 CEST 2022

Hi all!

I use bird2 (2.0.9) as RS for BGP prefix aggregation - several peers send
me their prefixes, I aggregate them and send the result to the system.

But there is an obvious issue - when peers send me the same prefix, BGP
selects the best one and sends only that one. In this case, if prefixes had
different communities, the result loses all but one.

For example:

peer 1: 1.1.1.1/32 1:100

peer 2: 1.1.1.1/32 2:200

peer 3: 1.1.1.1/32 3:300

If the last one was chosen, the result is 1.1.1.1/32 3:300

If there is any way to collect all communities and attach them to the
chosen prefix (like this: 1.1.1.1/32 1:100,2:200,3:300), would anyone
please tell me how to do that?

Thank you,

Valery