BIRD multithreaded progress

Maria Matejka maria.matejka at nic.cz
Thu Jan 27 15:54:50 CET 2022

Hello!

I hope for something (Pipe and RPKI in threads) very, very soon. For
now, it is the "sark" branch. And currently, on my local machne, I have
an unstable version running BGP in threads.

That said, there are still some cryptic bugs in multithreaded BGP to be
addressed. Also, several blog posts are waiting until I find some time
and determination to read them once again, finish them and push them for
publishing.

There will be also probably a long pause in multithreaded development
after Pipe+RPKI+BGP to allow for stabilizing these and merging with the
2.0.x branch. There is also a long backlog of feature requests to be
implemented before other protocols get their own threads.

Maria