BIRD version 2.0.9

Ondrej Filip feela at network.cz
Sun Feb 20 14:37:30 CET 2022

Dears BIRD users,
Roughly after a year, I have got fantastic news for you, we just
release a news version 2.0.9. I have to thank my great colleagues!
Here is the list of the main features:

Version 2.0.9
   o BGP: Flowspec validation procedure
   o Babel: MAC authentication support
   o Routing table configuration blocks
   o Optional prefix trie in routing table for faster LPM/interval queries
   o CLI: New 'show route in <prefix>' command
   o Filter: Faster (16-way) prefix sets
   o Filter: MPLS label route attribute
   o Filter: Operators to pick community components
   o Filter: Operators to find minimum and maximum element of lists
   o BGP: New 'free bind' option
   o BGP: Log route updates that were changed to withdraws
   o BGP: Improved 'invalid next hop' error reporting
   o OSPF: Allow ifaces with host address as unnumbered PtP or PtMP ifaces
   o OSPF: All packets on PtP networks should be sent to AllSPFRouters
address
   o Scripts for apkg-powered upstream packaging for deb and rpm
   o Support for Blake2s and Blake2b hash functions
   o Security keys / passwords can be entered in hexadecimal digits
   o Memory statistics split into Effective and Overhead
   o Linux: New option 'netlink rx buffer' to specify netlink socket
buffer size
   o BSD: Assume onlink flag on ifaces with only host addresses
   o Many bugfixes

   Notes:

   For OSPF on PtP network, BIRD now sends all packets to multicast
AllSPFRouters
   address (as required in RFC 2328 8.1). This likely breaks setups
with multiple
   neighbors on a network configured as PtP, which worked in previous
versions.
   Such links should be configured as PtMP.

   Since Linux 5.3, netlink socket can be flooded by route cache
entries during
   route table scan. This version mitigates that issue by using strict
netlink
   filtering.