Bird BFD is not compliant to RFC5881

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Thu Feb 17 17:36:15 CET 2022

On 2/17/22 5:09 AM, Christian Bruns wrote:
> There is a workaround to limit the port range globally at system level
> (/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_port_range);

Another workaround might be to match the outgoing BFD traffic and NAT it
such that the source port is altered to be within range.

I know that this isn't a more proper solution, but it would probably
suffice without affecting the rest of the system like
ip_local_port_range does.

There may be more esoteric options too like running BIRD in a different
network namespace with different per-namespace proc entries.  (Or vice
versa.)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die