BIRD multithreaded progress

Douglas Fischer fischerdouglas at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 13:40:18 CET 2022

I was waiting that Maria would bring the news to this mail-list.

But I'm a bit anxious...

Excellent reading material!
https://en.blog.nic.cz/2022/02/09/bird-journey-to-threads-chapter-3-parallel-execution-and-message-passing/

Things that I found important, and I believe are interesting to highlight:

"Version 3.0-alpha0 (2022-02-07)"
Wow! Version 3 instead of v2.1...
https://gitlab.nic.cz/labs/bird/-/commit/935c066402d56d9b01ae41527c2e760d189b01f9

"Version 2.0.9 (2022-02-09)
 o Filter: Faster (16-way) prefix sets"
Performance improvements at the master release! This is great!
https://gitlab.nic.cz/labs/bird/-/commit/71c9484b00b4428ae6c7d7c8eea6d96073683a54