OSPFv3 doesn't announce loopback IPv6 network

Martin Huněk martin.hunek at lbcfree.net
Mon Dec 12 22:17:50 CET 2022

Hi,

On Linux, I would suggest using a dummy interface for anything other than real loopback addresses (::1 and 127.0.0.1) and physical connections. The dummy interfaces as they have both link-local IPv6 and "real like" MAC address, so it is acting more like a physical device. This way, you would not need direct protocol either.

Best Regards,
Martin Hunek