BFD: Socket Error Operation not permitted on bird 2.0.8

Irene Lalioti irene.lalioti at restena.lu
Fri Apr 1 18:17:56 CEST 2022

Ahoj Ondrej,

Thanks for your feedback. Finally I resolved it, it was firewall issue
locally on some defined bfd sessions; thus the Socket errors..

The thing is that last evening we had a flap on BFD sessions for no
apparent reason at only 3 BGP peers , on our 2 different Route Servers.
I was trying in the morning to figure out why but from the logs I did
not extract info ..

Usually the reasons it could flap could be.. due to bursting of data? or
a hardware issue? or timers? It was weird that occurred only on 3 members ..

Dekuji moc!
Hesky weekend
Irena

--
Irene Lalioti
Network Engineer

Tel: +352 424409 1
Fax: +352 422473

This email may contain information for limited distribution only, please treat accordingly.