Mitigations/tunables for reducing netlink loss?

Alexander aldem-bird.201704 at nk7.net
Tue Sep 21 18:59:13 CEST 2021

On 2021-09-21 17:51, Trisha Biswas wrote:

> We are using the following patch to increase the netlink receive
> buffer size to 2 MB.

I am afraid that this might be insufficient - as it depends on CPU
power,
system load and probably some other factors like number of routes etc.

In my case (multi-CPU dedicated border router) where bird is the only
significant
consumer of CPU power and running only BGP (with very few OSPF nodes)
I had to set it to 128MB to get rid of any loss, 64MB was barely
sufficient.

Therefore I believe it makes sense to make the buffer size configurable.

/Al