Sync with userspace instead of kernel

Cody Doucette doucette at bu.edu
Mon Sep 6 14:39:16 CEST 2021

Hi Senthil,

Yes, please feel free to test this out. Here is our usage of this feature
on the application side:

https://github.com/AltraMayor/gatekeeper/blob/master/cps/rd.c

Our use case is that we are running a network application (DoS mitigation)
using DPDK. As you may know, DPDK takes ownership of the NIC, so the kernel
networking stack (including the routing table) is not available for use.
Instead, we maintain our own routing table in the DPDK application and
interact with bird directly.

I would also like to see it in bird, but don't have the time at the moment
to propose it. If you (or anyone else) wants to take ownership of this
feature and submit these patches, please do so!

Best,
Cody