Sync with userspace instead of kernel

Senthil Kumar Nagappan sknagappan at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 6 08:00:50 CEST 2021

 Hi Ondrej,
This was the first thread on this topic, and the use case for that was to use with DPDK application in the user space.
https://bird.network.cz/pipermail/bird-users/2018-December/012973.html

Our use case is, we already have a protocol stack other than bird that updates routed(RTM route table manager) which in turn updates the kernel. Now we wanted the bird also to update the routed instead of kernel.
Thanks and Regards,Senthil

    On Monday, September 6, 2021, 06:47:54 AM GMT+5:30, Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org> wrote:

 On Sun, Sep 05, 2021 at 05:08:09PM -0400, Cody Doucette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was able to achieve this with a few small custom changes to bird:
>
> https://github.com/cjdoucette/bird/commits/gatekeeper
>
> I don’t know if this ability has been added to the bird mainline since I
> did this.

Hi

That is an interesting feature. What is a use case for it? Some other
tool to communicate with?