BIRD multithreaded progress

Maria Matejka maria.matejka at nic.cz
Fri Nov 26 18:17:23 CET 2021

Hello!

If you are brave, you can try out the alderney branch. I suppose there
are still lots of bugs and inefficiencies, yet pipes, table maintenance
and rpki loading is multithreaded there.

That branch is still in internal testing and I do not recommend using
that branch in production at all. It has been quite a huge load of work,
including major rewrites of route propagation machinery.

Feel free to test the "alderney" branch and report any bugs. If you
manage to measure the time and memory consumption difference, you're
welcome to share that.

Thank you for asking, I hope we push this to a release as soon as possible.

Maria