BIRD packages in Gitlab CI

Jakub Ružička jakub.ruzicka at nic.cz
Fri May 21 15:07:43 CEST 2021

> The Gitlab CI should be extended to include that too.

No, not really. We don't we have mips runners in our GitLab instance nor
do we have access to mips HW to test on AFAIK. Also, CI is a testing
system, not a package distribution system.

Quoting wikipedia on MIPS architecture:

"In March 2021, MIPS announced that the development of the MIPS
architecture had ended as the company is making the transition to RISC-V"

Interest in mips is minimal and declining. As discussed before on-list,
only realistic way to get mips packages is through Debian which supports
it as platform.

Kees reported working on debian-backports some time ago in parallel to
my experimental/stable efforts (in progress), so perhaps he has some news?

If you want mips packages, I suggest you

a) contribute to Debian yourself so that mips package is available
b) build bird2-2.0.8 Debian package yourself from:
    1) experimental salsa branch I created for 2.0.8:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/bird2/-/tree/experimental
    2) official 2.0.7 package with modifications

Debian has plentiful documentation including instructions on howto do
what you want to do.

Cheers,
Jakub Ružička
CZ.NIC packager 📦