Using bird 1.x

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu May 13 14:44:30 CEST 2021

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 08:26:18PM -0400, Peter Mitchell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am researching BIRD 1.x for my computer science security in an
> open-source project and I noticed that its last update was in late 2019.
> I want to understand it from a maintenance perspective and I would like to
> know if security bugs found in 2.x will be looked into for 1.x and
> backported to the 1.x branch.

Hello

BIRD 1.x is in maintenance mode. If we found some important bugs
(including security ones) we would likely review 1.x if that seems like
might affect it and eventually fix it and make a new relese, but
considering that many parts of BIRD is significantly different between
1.x and 2.x that is rather unlikely.