Filter babel routes on a per-neighbor or per-interface basis

Fabian Bläse fabian at blaese.de
Sun Jul 25 22:20:49 CEST 2021

On 22.07.21 20:17, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
> Babel (the protocol) does not support ECMP. This is deliberate - see
> this message for details:
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/babel/i4tqsRIL3DS9e22GJ0QuoMef-P0/

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
I haven't had side effects in mind. I naively assumed, that all feasible routes are usable.

>> Would it be possible to send all feasible babel routes to the bird
>> table?
>
> I don't think this would be the right approach; rather, there should be
> a filtering step before routes are input into the babel route selection,
> as mentioned above. And possibly adding an output filter so routes can
> be modified on a per-interface basis would make sense as well?

This would make things a bit less intuitive. But as the route selection isn't done in the main table anyway, adding a filtering step before babel route selection probably is the cleanest solution.
My suggestion is quite hacky indeed.

Best regards,
Fabian