direct routes and SLAAC addresses

George Ross gdmr at inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jul 9 10:09:04 CEST 2021

> That is probably an issue with the Direct protocol and IPv6. In IPv4,
> there is only one 'primary' address per IP range and iface, others are
> marked 'secondary' by the kernel, so we just ignore secondary ones and
> add/remove prefix when primary address is added/removed. But seems that
> in IPv6, this is not the case and there is no secondary flag.

Ah.  We'll keep our workaround in place anyway, but is this something that's
likely to be fixed in future versions?  Rescanning the interfaces when an
IPv6 address goes away, for example, or just periodically recanning.

Thanks!

--
George D M Ross MSc PhD CEng MBCS CITP
University of Edinburgh, School of Informatics,

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.