Support for ECMP on FreeBSD 13

Maria Matejka maria.matejka at nic.cz
Fri Feb 26 11:43:00 CET 2021

Hello!

Well, we're quite … how to say it … slow, yet willing to accept patches.
The more the patch is simple, the faster we accept it, anyway as the
sysdep/bsd/ code is probably not going to change much during the
following months, feel free to finish it and submit.

There is probably only one plan on that code – to make the routing
information exchange code thread-safe and run it in its own thread. It
is quite annoying when kernel route sync blocks BIRD for several seconds
with 700k routes.

(To be fair, as there were some rumours about BSD discrimination, the
sysdep/linux/ code will probably stay untouched as well.)

Maria