Support for ECMP on FreeBSD 13

Marek Zarychta zarychtam at plan-b.pwste.edu.pl
Thu Feb 25 15:58:28 CET 2021

W dniu 23.02.2021 o 11:09, Zhenlei Huang pisze:
> Hi,
>
> Currently Bird 2.x does not support ECMP on FreeBSD system.  Thanks Alexander V. Chernikov's work,
> the feature ECMP route was enabled by default in FreeBSD 13 amd64 GENERIC. Are there any plans Bird2.x
> will support ECMP on FreeBSD, or at least on FreeBSD 13 ?
>
> Links:
> https://gitlab.nic.cz/labs/bird/commit/f9f2e280ea4fa1af19d8ce9e54abeb495694c0d5?view=parallel
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26449

I am also looking forward to see this feature in Bird enabled. The
latest improvements in routing stack which will be presented to wider
audience with the upcoming release of FreeBSD 13 are really impressive.
Since a longer while I am using two instances of Bird 1.6.8 running on
FreeBSD and after update to 13.0-STABLE it got real performance boost,
especially due to availability to take advantage of DPDK route
lookups[1] which can be assisted with automatic routing algo switching.[2]

[1] https://reviews.freebsd.org/D27412
[2] https://reviews.freebsd.org/D27401

With kind regards,

--