BIRD show bgp summary for cli

Cybertinus bird at cybertinus.nl
Thu Feb 25 09:09:20 CET 2021

Hello Roman,

1. Bird 1.3.x is very old. Bird 1.6.8 and 2.0.7 are the current
versions. If you still run on Bird 1.3 I highly recommend that you
upgrade to at least 1.6.x

2. There is such a command already: `show protocols`. It doesn't show
you how many prefixes you received from it, but is you ask for more
detail it will: `show protocols all`. If you have a lot of peers, this
will show you way to much information, so you can also request this info
for 1 specific peer: `show protocols all
<name_of_the_peer_in_the_bird_config>`. I don't know if these commands
work on 1.3 though, but I think they would. I never used 1.3, I started
using Bird when 1.6.4 was the latest and greatest and Bird 2 didn't
exist yet.

Or is there some more you want to see from the `sh bgp sum` command that
isn't shown by `show protocols`, even with more details?

Kind regards,
Cybertinus