Socket: Permission denied

shirenn shirenn at crans.org
Sat Feb 6 13:01:14 CET 2021

Hello,

I am setting up bird for my AS. I have two routers A and B and my ISP
gives me a peer C to do bgp with. The first session initiate  without
any problem. but when I start the second one, I get the following error
:
zayo BGP master start  12:44:11 Active  Socket: Permission denied

debug doesn't give me more information and I couldn't found online what
is this error. Could you help me understand it please :) ?

And I had another question about router id, in the configuration file,
it is said that the router id should be an IPv6. But when I put my IPv6
in it, I get the following error :
bird: /etc/bird/bird6.conf:21:11 Router IDs must be entered as
hexadecimal numbers or IPv4 addresses in IPv6 version

Bests,
--
shirenn