[EXT] Re: Troubleshooting BIRD as flowspec manager

Noris Rogers nrogers at mitre.org
Sun Aug 29 02:47:38 CEST 2021

Sure! r1, r2, and r3 are FRR clients. BGP relationships are successfully formed and BGP routes are exchanged, but no flowspec is seen on the clients. I am currently analyzing packet captures, but still haven’t completely understood where in the packet header the flowspec is/should be.

log syslog all;

router id 4.4.4.4;

protocol device {
    scan time 10;
}

flow4 table flowtab4;

protocol static flowspec4{
  flow4 {
      import all;
      export all;
  };

  route flow4 {
      dst 172.16.0.1/32;
  }{
      bgp_ext_community.add((generic, 0x80060000, 0x0));
  };
}

template bgp bgp_fs_temp {
    local as 4;