Debian 11 (Bullseye) Repository

Jakub Ružička jakub.ruzicka at nic.cz
Mon Aug 16 12:12:47 CEST 2021

On 8/16/21 9:57 AM, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Aug 16, Laura Smith <n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp at protonmail.ch> wrote:
>
>> FYI I think the official repo is the only repo these days ... Mr Surý has withdrawn his service.
> This is totally false: bird2 in Debian is maintained by a new maintainer,
> and if they will want to step down in the future then others will take
> over (I am available).
Hello,

Ondřej Surý the original Debian maintainer has agreed to pass the bird2
package maintenance to me but I haven't received rights so far.

Regardless, I intend to maintain BIRD in Debian and I'm resuming my
attempts for gaining control and updating BIRD to latest after the
recent Debian 11 release. (I couldn't do much during the freeze)

Cheers,
Jakub Ružička
CZ.NIC packager