Configure igmp/pim using BIRD

Dhruv Bhagadia dhruv.b at irage.in
Mon Apr 26 18:20:39 CEST 2021

Hi all,

Thanks Ondrej for giving insights to my previous query. Your guess as to
the neighbor AS having low hold time was correct and when I reduced
keep-alive time on my end, I could bypass the Hold timer expired issue.

I write this mail to address another query of mine. Is it possible to
configure multicast routing protocols like igmp/pim through BIRD. I saw on
the future work page that support for multicasting protocol is yet to be
added to BIRD, also couldn't find the protocol implementation in the source
code still wanted to confirm.

If the support is not added can I make use of some other already supported
routing protocol to address the issue? I want the server on which BIRD is
configured to listen to mcast data.

Also, on researching I could find out this thesis
<https://is.cuni.cz/webapps/zzp/download/130183774> Do we plan to
in-coporate these changes into BIRD anytime soon?

Thanking you,
Dhruv Bhagadia.